Friday, April 17, 2009

Drawing a blank...

So, I started writing this post a couple of times over the past week. Then I just draw a blank, or stare at the screen, or start watching funny videos on YouTube (best therapy in the world, by the way!). I guess it's tough to know where to begin and exactly how to put into words the things I would like to say. I struggle with being vulnerable, letting my guards down and exposing my less than perfect life. But hey, who doesn't? And then I remember, in the Bible God never once promised us that life would be easy or without pain and problems. In fact, He promises us that this life will be painful and hard.

As for my life, it's been going something like this:

Late last week, Josh was found to have been in violation of his probation (for an offense that occured a couple years ago), and the court ruled to revoke his probation. Basically, this means that his original sentence has been imposed and he is now at the county detention center. While Josh knew he was wrong and had admitted to making a mistake, neither of us expected his day in court to go quite so badly. Needless to say, it has been a tough transition for the entire family.

And while the situation is most definitely less than ideal (to say the least), I have had a great sense of peace. Don't get me wrong, I miss my husband dearly and it pains me to have to think about how much his heart is aching being away from us. However, I deeply believe that God loves me and He will never leave me or forsake me. You see, God doesn't make mistakes and He is not surprised by anything that I am going through at the moment. Instead of being hurt, or angry, or sad, I am trusting completely that God will make all things right if I surrender to His will for my life.

As for Josh, he told me this past Monday that he is happy with the outcome of his court hearing because he knows that it was exactly what he needed to put his life into perspective. He knows that surrendering his life to his own will is never going to work.

Thank you for all of your prayers and support. This week, please pray for a continued sense of peace for our family and that Josh will be able to rest. (He was moved into the work release program on Tuesday so that he can continue working - major answer to prayer. However, he has some less than steller "roommates" who stay up all night long playing cards, watching TV, carrying on, etc. making it extremely difficult for Josh to sleep.)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases! Praying that you, Josh, and B would all know the Lord's great comfort, mercy, and love.

Nana said...

It gives me comfort to know that the Lord is ministering to you in this trial. I am praying for all of you and love you very much.

Anonymous said...

WOW Faith ... your names suits you perfectly ... Faith! :) I love you and will continue to pray for your family!

xoxoxox
Jessica S.