Friday, May 1, 2009

4th Birthiversary

Yesterday was my "birthiversary". Josh and I were married on my 24th birthday, so it's a combined birthday/anniversary celebration. This birthiversary was difficult for me, obviously, because I wasn't able to celebrate it with my husband. I was able to see him, hold him, and exchange cards - for that, I am thankful. The past few weeks have taught me to cling to what is good and find any positive I can in daily life. So instead of being depressed and sad, I had a good birthiversary and was thankful for the things that God has given me even though I am undeserving. As silly as it sounds, I am even thankful for the current circumstances because they have made me dig deep inside and strive to be the momma/wife/sister/daughter/friend/etc. that I know God wants me to be. When people ask me how I am doing or comment on how well I am doing, I want them to know that it is not because of me - it's all God. I would be a complete wreck without His grace, mercy, love, etc.


3 comments:

Aunt Debbie & Uncle Gary said...

We were out of town, but we were thinking about you on your "birthiversary". Sending our love.

Mom & Dad said...

We're so proud of how you have been handling this trial. I have really seen you grow in maturity and will attest that you are a wonderful daughter, momma, wife, etc. We love you!

Mandy Hornbuckle said...

Awww Happy (belated) Birthiversary!!