Monday, September 29, 2008

Future Iron Chef?

Brennan, being the helper that he is, LOVES to assist in the kitchen and insists more and more lately that he be allowed to help. I've always tried to allow him to help me around the house with other chores (i.e. dusting, vacuuming, laundry, etc.) but not so much while I'm cooking. I guess before he always seemed to little for me to trust him a.) near the stove, b) near the sink (he likes to play with water, or c) not to make a complete mess in my kitchen. Anyway, now that he is a big boy and a whopping 2 years and 7 months old, I've been letting him sit on the counter and help me cook. He mostly enjoys stirring things which can tend to get messy. I just try to keep my cool and remind myself, repeatedly, that one day his wife will thank me for taking the time to teach him how to cook and clean :o)
------------------------------------------
I'll leave you with a few pictures of my little man (and future Iron Chef America) helping his Nana make a rum cake. Lookout Bobby Flay!:






PS - we do not typically bake with our pants off!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a cutie! He sure does love to "help"!

Lisa said...

As Kathryn would say, L, M, N, O, P, Q-T!!

Anonymous said...

Good job Scoobs...I always cook with my pants off. No wonder no one ever comes over for supper...

Anonymous said...

pants on....pants off... Makes no difference to me as long as I don't have to cook!!! Really cute pictures of Brennan!

Anonymous said...

awwww cute! how nice that he helps you cook :)