Monday, January 19, 2009

"Not Me!" Monday

That's right, folks! It's time for another edition of "Not me!" Monday. Be sure to check out MckMama's blog for tons of other moms who are not afraid to be brutally honest.

I most certainly did not make a special trip to CVS specifically to buy toilet paper and leave with only water colors for B, a free tube of toothpaste (gotta love those Extra Care Bucks!), and a pack of orange tic tacs. I do not have the advanced stages of "mommy brain" in which I would forget my head if it wasn't attached. This definitely was not the second time I had forgotten to buy toilet paper in one week. Who needs toilet paper anyway?! (I would like to extend a special shout out to my mom, Nana, for giving me two rolls of toilet paper!!)

I did not go on a date with my hubby to a cool new restaurant near our house where we proceeded to order flambe and apple pie desserts as our entrees. We did not justify this by saying it was alright since our son wasn't with us to witness us eating dessert for dinner and we had eaten a crab dip appetizer which is kind of like real food :o)

Speaking of, I did not just steal a nibble (or more) of my husband's crab dip while he went outside to take a phone call!

And despite what you may have heard, I did not drive through a shopping center last night and forget to turn my head lights on. My mind is as sharp as a tack!

So sharp, in fact, that I did not forget to bring home the two dozen fresh eggs that a friend picked up for me at the Amish farm -- 3 times! You read that correctly, I did not leave them in the fridge at my mom's house on Thursday, Friday, and last night when I visited. 


4 comments:

Mandy Hornbuckle said...

This cracked me up!!! I forget EVERYTHING! Sounds like you and I are quite alike.

Wayne said...

Great not me monday. The amount of times I have gon to the store for somthing and come out with somthing complettly different is beyond count.

Anonymous said...

I'm getting very forgetful these days as well. I do NOT ever forget my headlights either. Great NMM's, have a great week.

Lisa said...

Mike and I did not eat ice cream for dessert the other night and then still proceed to make popcorn since it's a "healthy" dessert. =)