Be sure to check out MckMama's blog for more updates from moms who aren't afraid to be brutally honest. Here is my free therapy for the week:I did not neglect to post my "Not Me's" last week out of sheer laziness. And even if I did, I am definitely not going to combine a couple weeks worth of happenings into this post.
My nearly three-year old son did not try to "eat my tummy" (breastfeed) after my niece told him that is what her baby brother was doing to her mommy. I was not a little mortified by the fact my grandparents, mother, sister, and brother-in-law were all in the room at the time.
I did not find myself negotiating with my son in the middle of Wal-Mart just to get him to try on a pair of shoes. I would never give into such disobedience by trying to bribe my child, he will listen or be spanked -- the way I swore these type of instances would be handled before I actually became a mother (you know, when I knew everything!).
I did not eat raw break-and-bake cookie dough straight from the fridge one evening when I wasn't even baking the cookies. I did not do it the follow evening either...
I was not asked for the fifth time if I am pregnant by the same person. Ya think any hints are being dropped?! Speaking of, my son did not announce to his father and I that he wants "a 'Wosie' yike Caillou" (or A Rosie like Caillou -- meaning a baby sister) this past Saturday. I am not now wondering how to lose the baby weight from my nearly three-year old "baby" before trying to conceive a "Wosie"!
Anything you care to admit???

4 comments:
Poor B wants a baby so badly! He's so good with them, too. As for the cookie dough, I'll just say that I did not sneak several spoonfuls of homemade ice cream on Friday while Kathryn was in the other room.
The same person asked you five times? I'd be ticked!
Any chance of acquiring a "Wosie" since B is now a big boy? (since Friday morning LOL)....
Haha that's a cute list of "not mes." I do try not to be the "know-it-all girl who doesn't have kids yet," but admittedly, there are a few instances where my husband and I have looked at each other and sworn we would "NEVER do something like that with our kids!!" ;-) But bribery? Perfectly fine with that.
Post a Comment