Sunday, January 4, 2009

Tub Art

Being the super-cool mom that I am, I decided to pick up some bathtub crayons for B as a little stocking stuffer for Christmas. I'm not going to lie to you, I had a little internal conflict in the aisle of Wal-Mart as to whether or not I should get them. I knew B would LOVE coloring with them in the tub. He enjoys craft time and bath time, so I knew combining the two would spell hours of fun. On the other hand, the mommy/wife/keeper of the house hand, I knew bathtub crayons would spell hours of cleaning for me. And who wants to spend the tiny bit of free time they have scrubbing colorful creations off of the bathtub?! Apparently me, because I bought the things!

Anyway, back to the blog. As I knew they would be, the bathtub crayons have been a hit. And not just with Little B, but with his Daddy, Uncle B, Becca, and even me. Yes, even I have contributed to the growing art collection on the bathtub walls! Aside from having a tub that is starting to look like the side of an inner city building littered with graffiti, it's actually been a fun way to write little notes to each other.

Here is a picture of Lil B's tub art from this evening:

 
Oh, the concentration!

Any guesses?! It's "Nemo". Not too bad for my little south paw, huh?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's a great drawring!

Unknown said...

I was quite impressed! He worked so hard on it, I had to take a picture :o) See you tomorrow, Nana (and Pops!).

Mandy Hornbuckle said...

How cute! I love bathtub crayons!! I got to play with them when I was babysitting my neighbor girls when they were babies and I seriously considered getting my own. hehe

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love "meeting" new people!!

Lisa said...

You should have posted a warning before showing us that picture...I let Kathryn check the blog with me, and now she's asking to color in the tub. Sheesh!