Oh wait, that sounds a lot like me this past week! Poor B spent the better part of this past week throwing up, taking baths, and laying on the couch. I'm fairly certain I did 5 loads of laundry on Wednesday alone just to wash his soiled clothes & blankets, oh, and don't forget the bath mat (which, by the way, had already been washed on Sunday when B's friend had an "accident"!).
Poor B has a double ear infection and I'm not a doctor but it would appear he has some type of stomach virus on top of it. Just when I think he's feeling better, he gets that "leave me alone and let me lay on the couch with my bucket" look in his eyes. Poor thing. He only weighs 25.3 lbs fully clothed (per the ER scale on Wednesday night). I'm pretty sure that his 6-month old cousin Jonathan is going to out weigh him soon (if not already!).
Needless to say, I've been reminded this week that I am truly blessed with many things. I'm blessed with a child who is, for the most part, healthy & happy. Who hasn't had to spend the majority of his little life in a hospital bed fighting every day like poor Gabe and Abby. And with a job that provides leave to allow me to stay at home with my sick child, and even let me work from home when he is resting. I have definitely been given more than beyond measure and way more than I deserve. But I guess that's GRACE - God's Riches At Christ's Expense.

3 comments:
I hope B is on the mend soon! As for Jonathan outweighing B soon, just think about poor Kathryn...she's going to be relegated to the "back seat" of the double stroller if she doesn't eat up!
Love you!! Hope this is a better week!
What a gorgeous little boy you have! Thanks so much for the verse on Seth's blog! Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment